- You must obtain permission first from Auxiliary Enterprises. Contact JennyLyn Fontaine at Auxiliary Enterprises.
- Read the Food Event Description and Instructions - ("Read Me First!")
- Read the Outside Food Caterer Vendor Fact Sheet. All caterer vendors, for PHF or TCS foods, must be located within 30-minute travel time to the campus.
- For each event you will need to submit a Food Waiver and Registration. (Student groups will submit via Campus Pulse. For all other requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You will need to verify that your caterer has been approved. (*Follow these instructions if your caterer is not on the approved list.)
- Your caterer will need to submit a catering notification form (for each event.)
- A caterer not yet listed should submit the required paperwork at least 30 days in advance to the Envrionmental Health program at EH&S. No event or caterer will be reviewed with less than 2 weeks notice.
To register as an approved caterer, see below:
Approved Caterer ID
To become an approved caterer/vendor or renew your registration approval, please submit all of the required attachments below: The caterer/vendor must be located within 30 minutes travel time of the UMass Amherst campus:
- an Annual Caterer/Vendor application.
- a copy of caterer's Board of Health license;
- a copy of the caterer's ServSafe certification;
- a copy of your MA Food Allergy Awareness Certificate;
- and a copy of the caterer's Liability Insurance indemnifying the University of Massachusetts) for $1 million dollars.
Each time an approved Caterer/Vendor provides food for an approved Food Waiver Event, then they submit an updated notification form below:
- A copy of the Event Caterer Notfication form for each event.
It is your responsibility to supply the University with updated copies of this documentation once it expires. You will be removed from the Approved Caterer/Vendor listing until the appropriate documentation is received. You will need to renew and re-submit this application prior to the Fall semester (during May through August).
UMass Catering (Auxiliary Enterprises) Director of Sales
Phone: (413) 577-8200
EH&S Assistant Director of Environmental Health Svcs
Phone: (413) 545-2682