- You must obtain permission first from Auxiliary Enterprises. Contact JennyLyn Fontaine at Auxiliary Enterprises.
- Read the Food Event Description and Instructions - ("Read Me First!")
- Read the Outside Food Caterer Vendor Fact Sheet. All caterer vendors, for PHF or TCS foods, must be located within 30-minute travel time to the campus.
- For each event you will need to submit a Food Waiver and Registration. (Student groups will submit via Campus Pulse. For all other requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You will need to verify that your caterer has been approved. (*Follow these instructions if your caterer is not on the approved list.)
- Your caterer will need to submit a catering notification form (for each event.)
- A caterer not yet listed should submit the required paperwork at least 30 days in advance to the Envrionmental Health program at EH&S to: email@example.com. No event or caterer will be reviewed with less than 2 weeks notice.
To register as an approved caterer, see below:
Approved Caterer ID
|2021 - 001 (M. Nair PIC)||Bombay Royale||Northampton||3/2022*||12/31/2021*||8/30/2024||10/30/2022|
|2021 - 002 (C. Chol Yi PIC)||Cana||Chicopee, MA||2/15/23||12/31/2022||10/7/2022||11/26/2022|
|2021 - 03||Duro West African Cuisine||
S. Hadley, MA
|2022 - 04||Pryia Indian Restaurant||Chicopee, MA||8/13/22||12/31/2022||7/29/24||11/19/25|
To become an approved caterer/vendor or renew your registration approval, please submit all of the required attachments below: The caterer/vendor must be located within 30 minutes travel time of the UMass Amherst campus:
1. an Annual Caterer/Vendor application completed;
2. an Event Notification Form completed (for each event*);
3. a copy of their existing caterer's Board of Health license;
4. a copy of their existing caterer's ServSafe certification;
5. a copy of their existing caterer's MA Food Allergy Awareness Certificate; and
6. a copy of their existing caterer's Liability Insurance indemnifying the University of Massachusetts) for $1 million dollars.
*Each time an approved Caterer/Vendor provides food for an approved Food Waiver Event, they shall submit an updated Event Caterer Notfication form for each event.
It is your responsibility to supply the University with updated copies of this documentation once it expires. The caterer/vendor will be removed from the Approved Caterer/Vendor listing until the appropriate documentation is received. Each caterer/vendor needs to renew and re-submit their applications anytime the original documents are expired. Renewal is not automatic. It is the student group's responsibility to obtain updated documents from their proposed caterer/vendor.
UMass Catering (Auxiliary Enterprises) Director of Sales
Phone: (413) 577-8200
EH&S Assistant Director of Environmental Health Svcs
Phone: (413) 545-2682