- Read the Food Event Description and Instructions - ("Read Me First!")
- Read the Outside Food Caterer Vendor Fact Sheet. All caterer vendors, for PHF or TCS foods, must be located within 30-minute travel time to the campus.
- For each event you will need to submit a Food Waiver and Registration. (Student groups will submit via Campus Pulse. For all other requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You will need to verify that your caterer has been approved. (*Follow these instructions if your caterer is not on the approved list.)
- Your caterer will need to submit a catering notification form (for each event.)
- A caterer not yet listed should submit the required paperwork at least 30 days in advance to the Envrionmental Health program at EH&S. No event or caterer will be reviewed with less than 2 weeks notice.
To register as an approved caterer, see below:
Approved Caterer ID
To become an approved caterer/vendor or renew your approval, please submit an Annual Caterer/Vendor application. You must be located within 30 minutes travel time of the UMass Amherst campus; and submit the required attachements:
- A copy of the Event Caterer Notfication form for each event.
- a copy of caterer's Board of Health license;
- a copy of the caterer's ServSafe certification;
- a copy of your MA Food Allergy Awareness Certificate;
- and a copy of the caterer's Liability Insurance indemnifying the University of Massachusetts) for $1 million dollars.
It is your responsibility to supply the University with updated copies of this documentation once it expires. You will be removed from the Approved Caterer/Vendor listing until the appropriate documentation is received. You will need to renew and re-submit this application prior to the Fall semester (during May through August).
UMass Catering (Auxiliary Enterprises) Director of Sales
Phone: (413) 577-8200
EH&S Assistant Director of Environmental Health Svcs
Phone: (413) 545-2682