Mechanical & Electrical Research Safety Training

Training is temporarily SUSPENDED for the remainder of the Spring Semester. 

This training is an alternative to traditional Laboratory Safety Training for individuals who work in research and teaching spaces, laboratories or shops with limited amounts of chemicals. 

Academic programs this training is intended for include:

Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Civil and Environmental Engineering
Building & Construction Technology

This training applies to :

Research & Teaching Spaces, Laboratories With Low Chemical Use
Machine, Fabrication & Carpentry Shops
Craft Shops
Maker Spaces

Classroom Training is required initially and every 5 years.

Refresher Training is required annually via the OWL training platform.

There are no general in-person trainings scheduled at this time. Please contact EHS at (413) 545-2682.