Students Register With UMass Amherst Disability Services
Register with Disability Services at UMass Amherst located in Whitmore Building 161 for orientation on a range of services available to you.
If you live on campus, they will provide your name and residential hall room number lo Campus Fire Safety Services. A Fire Safety Officer will reach out to you to see if you would like assistance in developing your personal Emergency Action Plan. Campus Fire Safety will also make sure that emergency responders will know where your room is in case you need assistance in evacuating.
If you live off campus, and would like assistance in developing your Emergency Action Plan, Disability Services will make a referral to Fire Safety Services for that purpose or you can contact them directly at 413-545-2682.
Faculty and Staff Register with the Human Resources Accessible Workplace Office
Register with the Accessible Workplace Office located at Bartlett Hall Room 225. If you would like assistance in developing your Emergency Action Plan, they will make a referral to Campus Fire Safety Services. A Fire Safety Officer will then reach out to you to schedule a visit to help you with your plan.
Think Ahead: Develop an Emergency Action Plan
Review the Emergency Procedures for Fire. In planning, consider if you can:
- See, hear or activate a fire alarm- If not, devices may be available to alert you to the alarm.
- Evacuate without assistance – if you are not able to evacuate, notify a co-worker, friend, or roommate, where you will be. If you are threatened by smoke or fire, call the UMass Police at 413-545-3111 and report your location.
- Communicate with emergency responders – if communication is difficult, discuss options with someone from Fire Safety Services.
You may contact a Fire Safety Services at 413-545-2682 for assistance in planning.
UMass Amherst Helpful Resources
- Accommodations & Services For Employees With Disabilities
- Accommodations & Services For Students With Disabilities
- Sign up for UMass Amherst Emergency Alerts