Visit UMass Amherst Response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) for resources and updates on the University's COVID-19 response. This site provides the latest campus news and comprehensive information.
Massachusetts Reopening Self-Certification Requirements
Promote Healthy Living during COVID-19 Posters
Download, print and circulate these healthy living posters to promote the University's response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please post these safe-living guides in your work spaces, on campus and at home.
If you are an on-site employee, please use this COVID-19 Daily Self Checklist each day before reporting to work.
UMass Amherst has developed this new training video focused on best practices and protocols to keep the university community safe as we undertake a phased reopening of campus. All employees are encouraged to view the video, whether they are now returning to work on campus or have been serving as on-site personnel.
Information for Consultants, Service Contractors, Trade Service Contractors and Vendors
For Consultants, service contractors and vendors that are not performing or supporting construction, the following is required from a COVID Safety Management Plan standpoint.
Vendors and service providers must submit a COVID-19 Safety Management Plan to EH&S for review and approval. Plans must address the key elements contained in the UMass COVID-19 Control Plan, including:
- Training of Employees
- Social Distancing
- Use of Face Coverings
- Hygiene Protocols
- Self-Checks prior to coming to campus
- Staying home if you are sick, exposed to someone who has COVID-19, or have been asked to isolate or quarantine
- Notification to UMass if one of their workers is diagnosed with COVID-19 shortly after they have been on campus
For Consultants, trade service contractors and vendors that are performing or supporting construction, plans must follow the Massachusetts guidelines for construction for their COVID Safety Management Plans.
- General on-the-job guidelines and procedures released by the State on May 18 “COVID-19 Employee Health, protection, guidance and protection” and
- the “Supplemental Guidelines for Construction Sites,” also released May 18 as Addendum 1,.
EH&S Guide for the Research Community
Please refer to the Academic Safety webpage for guidance and communications to laboratory and research areas.
Please go to Disinfectants used at Umass Amherst that are EPA approved for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19 Illness) for a list of products that have been reviewed and found effective against SARS-CoV-2 by comparing them to the EPA’s List N: Disinfectants for Use against SARS-CoV-2.
Cleaning and Disinfect Instructions
- Cleaning/Disinfect Instructions for Individual and Shared Spaces [PDF]
- Occupant Cleaning/Disinfecting Log for individual shared spaces [PDF]
- Cleaning/Disinfect Instructions for Remote Teaching Spaces [PDF]
- Custodial Cleaning/Disinfecting Log for public spaces [PDF]
Wearing gloves and other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)?
- CDC guidance on the sequence for donning and doffing personal protective equipment.
- Follow the CDC's guidelines for Properly Removing Gloves. Please dispose of discarded personal protection equipment (PPE) properly.
- EH&S protocol for donning and doffing PPE.
- University Guidance on Face Coverings
Hazardous Material Inventory Management and Waste Pick-up
CEMS - Hazardous Material Inventory Management is functioning on a limited basis indefinitely to comply with the University’s requirements. Laboratories should only order hazardous materials that are essential.
Hazardous waste pickups will continue at this time. Please provide access times for your lab in the hazardous waste request comment section.
All EH&S in-person training is cancelled until further notice. Visit our on-line training page for access to the OWL system and to complete programs on-line.
Contractor Safety Training will be held via remote learning (Zoom). Please learn more at Contractor Safety Training on-line.
All Campus Events Cancelled
UMass Emergency Medical Services (UMEMS) has suspended service during this time, as all campus events are canceled. Contact Dominic Singh if you have questions. Visit the UMEMS webpage for general information about the unit.
EH&S 24-Hour Response Open
EH&S 24-hour response is still available on campus and can be reached for guidance and assistance by calling 413-545-2682. If your issue is an emergency that requires Fire, Ambulance, or Police Response call 911 or UMPD at 413-545-3111.
COVID-19 HR Response Team
All campus personnel – including supervisors, deans and department heads – who are concerned about potential exposure because they believe an employee has tested positive, is presumptive positive, or has been in contact with someone they think has been infected by the coronavirus (COVID-19), should contact the COVID-19 HR Response Team.
UHS Triage Advice Nurse
Questions? Call the UMass University Health Services (UHS) Triage Advice Nurse at 413-577-5229.