CEMS (Chemical Environmental Management System) is an online chemical inventory system managed by EH&S for chemical owners, laboratory associates, students and emergency responders. CEMS also includes the University's program for centralized receiving and delivery of hazardous materials. Please note that all hazardous materials coming to your lab must first be received at CEMS.
What all can you do in CEMS?
- Request lab supplies
- Request surplus chemicals
- Request hazardous waste pick ups
- Check your inventory and find SDSs
- Update contact information for your lab door card
View our resources below to get started.
- Login to CEMS if you already have an account. (You must be connected to the UMass Amherst network in order to access CEMS.)
- Request An Account if you do not have one. After you submit this form, the EH&S CEMS Data Manager will contact the responsible party for authorization. You will receive a link by email to enter your password.
- See Management of Hazardous Inventory for more information on resources and ordering.
- Hazardous Waste Pickup Request Form
- Safety Data Sheets Search Form