Register With UMass Amherst Disability Services
Register with Disability Services at UMass Amherst located in Whitmore Building 161 for orientation on a range of services available to you. As part of their services, they provide your name and work or student room number to Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) and Housing Services for fire safety and evacuation purposes. See their frequently asked question: "How do I request services?"
Subscribe To UMass Amherst Alerts
UMass Amherst's emergency notification system is called UMass Amherst Alerts. Sign up for UMass Amherst Alerts.
Think Ahead: Develop An Emergency Action Plan
Review the EH&S Fire Safety Guide. You may also contact a Fire Prevention Safety Officer at EH&S for help in planning. In planning, consider if you can:
- See, hear or activate a fire alarm
- Evacuate without assistance
- Communicate with emergency responders
UMass Amherst Helpful Offices
- Accommodations & Services For Employees With Disabilities
- Accommodations & Services For Students With Disabilities
- Disability Services Campus Resource List
- Housing Services
- UMass Amherst Police Personal Safety