Catering: Temporary Food Establishment Application

The University of Massachusetts, Amherst has a strong commitment to food safety and requires that all caterers and temporary food establishments adhere to the same standards of excellence. As part of our commitment, caterers and temporary food establishments are required to complete and submit documentation related to food safety as follows:

Documentation Requirements for Caterers and Temporary Food Establishments:

  • Application for Caterers and Temporary Food Establishment Permit
  • A copy of your ServSafe Certificate, or equivalent.
  • A copy of Board of Health Food Permit.
  • A Certificate of Liability Insurance (CLI) for a minimum of $1,000,000 is required for the event, with University of Massachusetts, Environmental Health & Safety, 117 Draper Hall, 40 Campus Center Way, Amherst, MA 01003-9244, named as the permit holder. Certificate must be faxed by the vendor’s insurance company to EH&S at: 413-545-2600.
  • Food Handler Volunteer Agreement Form(s) must be signed by those who will be handling food.